Springhill Elementary School announced today that it has earned Highly Effective Schools Accreditation from Solution Tree. This accreditation is a significant achievement that reflects Springhill Elementary School’s commitment to reaching and maintaining the highest levels of educational quality.
5:00 PM - 7:30 PM Orientation
August 22, 2022
September 5, 2022
October 18, 2022
October 25, 2022
October 27, 2022
October 31, 2022
- When does my child have lunch?
- 1st Grade - 11:00
- 2nd Grade - 11:20
- 4th Grade - 11:40
- 3rd Grade -12:00
- Kindergarten - 12:20
- 5th Grade - 12:40
- When is the school day?
- School day begins at 7:50 a.m. and ends at 3:20 p.m.
- Car riders should not arrive before 7:30 a.m.
- Students arriving after 8:00 a.m. and before 8:30 a.m. or leaving between 2:40 to 3:20 p.m. will be considered tardy and must be signed in/out through the office by a parent/guardian.
- Students arriving after 8:30 a.m. or leaving before 2:40 p.m. will receive a 1⁄2 day absence.
- When does my child have to be picked up?
- Car riders must be picked up by 3:40 p.m. Parents/guardians should remain in their cars when picking up their children in the afternoon so that students may be more closely monitored unless a parent needs to speak to school staff. No one will be allowed to wait inside the building.
- How many days of school can my child miss?
- Students shall not be absent, as defined in this policy more than 6 days in grades K-5 in a semester. When a student has 3 days in grades K-5 absences, his/her parent, guardian, or person in loco parentis shall be notified that the student has missed half the allowable days for the semester. Notification may be by telephone.
- Whenever a K-5 student exceeds 6 unexcused days in a semester, the District shall notify the prosecuting authority and the parent, guardian, or person in loco parentis shall be subject to a civil penalty as prescribed by law. A K-5 student with 6 unexcused days in a course in a semester shall not receive credit for that semester. If the student fails to receive credit for a sufficient number of courses and at the discretion of the principal after consultation with persons having knowledge of the circumstances of the absences, the student may be denied promotion. Excessive absences, however, shall not be a reason for expulsion or dismissal of a student.
- Where can I find dates for upcoming events?
- Mrs. West sends out a weekly parent email. It contains all dates and upcoming events. You can sign up for this on the website under Enotes. Your child brings home a weekly newsletter from his/her teacher as well.
- Can I come eat lunch with my child?
- Yes, we have an outside lunch area set up for parents to eat with students. You must sign in at the office with Ms. Sharon and she will call for your student.
- What are some volunteer opportunities?
- Text @standout to 81010 to join our PTO’s remind app. This is how volunteer opportunities are shared.
- Can I bring cupcakes for my child’s birthday?
- Unfortunately, you cannot bring cupcakes for your child’s birthday. If you would like to send a special snack, you are welcome to bring something from the approved snack list.
- What should I do if I have a concern about my child?
- We ask that you contact your child’s teacher first with any issues. If your child’s teacher is unable to resolve the issue they will direct you to the administrator.
- When does my child have lunch?