Pursuant to A.C.A. § 6-18-316, upon the petition of a student residing in one school district (the resident district) to transfer to another school district (the receiving district), the board of directors of the resident district may enter into an agreement with the board of directors of the receiving district transferring the student to the receiving district for purposes of education. Except as otherwise required or permitted by law, the responsibility for transportation of any nonresident student admitted to a school in this District shall be borne by the student or the student’s parents.
It is the policy of the Greenbrier School District Board to review and accept or reject Petitions for Transfer:
- Into the District on a case-by-case basis at the next regularly scheduled school board meeting after the petition is submitted to the District for consideration.
- Out of the District on a case-by-case basis at the next regularly scheduled school board meeting after the petition is submitted to the District for consideration.
The District may reject a nonresident’s application for admission if its acceptance would necessitate the addition of staff or classrooms, exceed the capacity of a program, class or grade level, or school building, or cause the District to provide educational services not currently provided in the affected school. The District shall reject applications that would cause it to be out of compliance with applicable laws and regulations regarding desegregation.
- Application form to transfer a student out of the Greenbrier School District
- Application forms to transfer a student into the Greenbrier School District
To apply for a student transfer into/out of Greenbrier School District:
- Complete the Petition for Transfer of Students application.
- Drop off in person or mail the application to BOTH the resident district and to the receiving district.
- After the petition is submitted, petitions for transfer into or out of the District will be reviewed at the next regularly scheduled board meeting.
- Parents/Guardians will be notified by the receiving district once both boards have acted upon the application.
For more information, contact the Greenbrier Administrative Office at 501-679-4808, or email Allison Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org